Amazon Prime needs no introduction. When comes to the best streaming service, Amazon prime tops the list. Latest movies, TV shows, music, and whatnot. The best thing about Amazon prime is, you can use it on multiple devices. If you are not a prime member, Sign up for amazon prime now.
Get Amazon Prime Free for one month! Limited time deal. After signing up for amazon prime, you can use the login details to stream the contents on any of the devices. When compared to other streaming services like Netflix and Hulu, Amazon prime is versatile.
In this article, we will share detailed steps to Set up Amazon Prime on Roku.
Set Up Amazon Prime on Roku
Roku being a closed device, you can install all the application directly on Roku. Moreover, you can’t even sideload it like firestick or other devices. This is both an advantage and a disadvantage for Roku. On the good side, it makes Roku- the most secure of all streaming devices. On the other hand, it limits its potential by restricting the third party installation.
Luckily, you can add amazon prime on Roku in few steps. Prime Video is an official channel for Roku. If you already know how to add a channel. you can skip this step. Or you can use the following steps to add amazon Prime on Roku0.
Setting up Amazon Prime on Roku Streaming Stick
- Turn on your Roku streaming stick and go to Roku home.
- To open the channel store, Select streaming channels on the left menu.
- Search for Amazon Prime Video.
- Select “Add Channel”.
- Now Prime Video is added to your collection.
Setting up Amazon Prime on Roku mobile App
- Open the Roku app on your device.
- Tap on channel icon to go to channel store.
- Search for Amazon Prime Video and tap on it.
- Select the Add channel.
- That’s all, now amazon prime is added to your Roku.
Setting up Amazon Prime on Roku Streaming Stick with desktop
- If you are on a desktop or laptop, you can add Amazon Prime on Roku.
- Navigate to Roku official store and login to your account.
- Search for Amazon Prime video channel on it.
- Select Add Channel.
- It will qued and added to your channel list.
After adding amazon prime on Roku, you need to use it. Amazon prime interface is similar on most of the devices. Make sure to set the streaming quality to “best”. This will ensure the best streaming quality on your device.
Using Amazon Prime on Roku
After adding the channel to your Roku. Navigate to your home screen and select Amazon Prime Video. Now log in to your Amazon account to stream amazon exclusive contents on Amazon Video.
These are the steps to set up Amazon Prime on Roku. But Roku being a direct competitor to Amazon, it’s not sure how far the channel will be available. For now, the channel is available. Hope it will be available forever. If you are facing any issue during the installation process, do comment below. We will be glad to solve your issue.