Youtube had become a part of our daily life. And by now youtube is available on almost all digital devices. Youtube is the predominant platform to stream the videos. Lots of videos are being uploaded on youtube everyday. To be precise, 300 hours of contents are uploaded per second on youtube.
Have you ever installed youtube on Roku streaming stick? Probably No! So here is a simple guide to install Youtube on Roku.
How to install and setup Youtube on Roku
Before entering into further steps first you need to install and setup Youtube on Roku. If you already have youtube on your device, you can proceed to the next step. Else follow the below steps to install Youtube on Roku. We will also be sharing an easy way to watch movies on youtube for free!
- Go to Roku channel store
- Log in to your account
- And search for youtube and select ‘add channel’.
- In a few minutes, the channel will be added to your Roku streaming stick.
- Now you can access the youtube channel from the home screen or apps.
- Then sign in to your google account for basic setup.
- Once you sign in, wait for a few minutes to sync user data.
If you wish to keep this streaming private make sure to use the youtube in the incognito mode. You can access this mode under settings. Or you can also use a separate Google ID for the sign in process. The incognito mode will not store any user data or cache. We highly recommend you to use this mode while watching the latest movie or any copyrighted contents.
How to watch movies on youtube?
All the contents shown on your youtube homepage is based on geographic location and browsing history. So youtube keeps tracks of your IP address. You need to bypass this surveillance to watch movies on youtube. To do so, you need the help of a Roku VPN. Virtual Private Network helps you to encrypt your internet connection and make it secure. So the ISP or the Government can’t track your online activity. Express VPN and IPVanish are some of the best VPNs in the industry.
- After getting your VPN, connect to any of the available servers.
- Now search for your favorite movie on the incognito mode or completely different browser. (Due to cache)
- Mostly you can access the content. If not change the IP and try again.
- This is a one-time process. You need to find which country’s IP unblocks your geo restrictions.
- After that, you can use the same IP to unblock all the contents.
These are the steps to watch movies on youtube for free. The only thing you need is a VPN.
Note: You can’t set up VPN on Roku since it doesn’t allow any third party installation. So instead you need to set up your VPN on the Router. This is much better than setting up VPN on Roku. This will encrypt all the incoming and outgoing data. So practically all the devices connected to this router are indirectly connected to a VPN.
Hope you find this article useful! Do comment down below for any sort of clarification.