Whether you wish to utilize your computer, smartphone, or tablet to control your Roku or attempting to cast the screen of your device, Roku media players have numerous options for you.
Roku device gained a Display Screen Mirroring feature with that you can cast to Roku from your handheld device to PC including Windows 8.1, Android OS and much more. In this guide, we’ll assist you in how to Cast to Roku from your device. Let’s begin with it.
How to enable Roku Screen Mirroring?
The official website of Roku comes with a set of Certified-compatible devices. With the Miracast-compatible device, you can Cast to Roku from android to PC. To allow the Cast to Roku from your Android and PC, navigate to Roku’s Configuration Screen > System > Screen Mirroring. Then enable the Enable Display Mirroring option.
How to Add the Roku to the Windows or Google Android Devices?
It’s time to Cast to Roku from Android and PC. So, without any delay let’s begin to cast.
- In Windows 8.1, swipe from the right or press Windows Key + C to attain access.
- Select Device attraction and choose Project.
- Now, select “Add a Wireless Display” option to begin adding the Roku.
You can view your Roku in the set of devices. Select and include it in your Windows PC. A window will then request you to follow the guidelines on your Roku to Cast Roku from your PC. However, for this, you won’t need to Cast to Roku from PC. Once the setup is done, it will automatically link and begin casting.
How to Cast to Roku from Android?
Before we move ahead, ensure that your Android OS device is in the latest version. You can analyze this by navigating to Settings > About. Your device should be then connected to the same network as your Roku.
- To begin casting on the stockpile Google Android device, navigate to Adjustments > click display, followed by Cast Screen.
- Now, touch the Menu and check the Enable cellular display option.
- Now, you Roku should come in the cast screen section.
How to Cast to Roku on Windows 10 screen?
- To allow Roku Screen Casting, go to Roku’s adjustment.
- Choose “System” and select Screen Mirroring option.
- Now select “Enable Screen Mirroring” and ensure that you have authorized it. This will mirror or cast what’s on your tablet, smartphone or Windows PC screen to your Smart TV screen.
- On Windows, Press “Windows Key + C” and choose your device.
- Now choose a job and then choose “Add a cordless display”.
- There you’ll find Roku device in the set of devices. Add the Roku device to your Windows PC. Within a few seconds, your Windows PC screen will begin to cast to Roku smart TV.
How to Cast to Roku on Windows Phone?
The Windows Telephone devices like HTC One M8 and Nokia Lumia 1520 Windows Telephone will support Miracast, the typical Roku uses it for display screen sharing. Over a congruous device, check out Settings > Task My Screen > Choose your Roku device to begin screen sharing.
Casting to Roku is an essential way to share a video from your handheld devices. While there are a few restrictions, the feature can be convenient and store you a few clicks on the Roku remote. However, Cast to Roku will be quite a bit faster once the initial set-up process is over.