Installing Spotify on Roku device or Roku TV is quite simple. Both paid subscribers and free users can deploy the upgraded apps onto their Roku device. Here, we’ve provided different methods for adding Spotify on Roku. But before moving ahead, it is necessary to know what is Spotify and Roku without any further delay.
What are Spotify and Roku?
Spotify is one of the greatest online streaming services which offer millions of music, audio-books of artists and podcasts to consumers all over the world. It has both Premium and Free subscription services that enable you to browse and search needed music, develop stations and playlists, get suggestions from custom features like Discover weekly and see what your friends and others are listening to.
However, the main difference between Premium and Free plan is, the free plan comes with ads, whereas the premium plan has an ad-free streaming service that permits you to set Spotify into offline mode.
On the other hand, Roku permits you to watch paid and free video content on your TV through the Internet. Movie Streaming services like Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, YouTube and much more are loaded on Roku which is similar to the apps loaded onto a Smartphone.
Back in the year 2017, Spotify was removed from Roku. Now, the world’s most famous music streaming service made its highly awaited return to Roku devices. Thus, you could now directly get Spotify on Roku. We would like to give you various methods to get Spotify on Roku. Here, we go with them.
Method 1 – Spotify on Roku device
To stream Spotify on Roku, you can utilize your Roku remote for your device or your TV remote for the Roku TV to browse your Roku and deploy the Spotify application from the Roku store. Here is the step by step guide for you to get Spotify on the Roku device.
- Search for and select streaming channels from your Roku home screen.
- Explore the Spotify application.
- Choose the Spotify application, then choose “Add Channel”.
- If you are asked for PIN then enter your PIN.
- Click on “add channel” again to confirm.
- Now, the newly added Spotify application will be at the bottom of your channel list.
- If the Spotify on Roku is activated, you can simply navigate to it from your remote and can stream videos, music, and other content on the application.
Method 2 – Spotify on Roku app
This is one of the alternative ways to add Spotify on Roku. With this technique, any changes you can make from the mobile application that should automatically display on your Roku home screen.
- Open the Roku application on your Android or iPhone and choose Channel store.
- Explore “Spotify” or browse the Roku Channel Store to find the Spotify application.
- Choose the Spotify application, and click on the “Add Channel” option.
- Enter the PIN, if needed.
- With the Roku remote, navigate to the Roku homepage on the Roku TV to explore the newly added Spotify application at the bottom of the channel list.
Method 3 – Spotify on Roku with Premium
If you have a premium account you can experience the latest super hit album songs at best streaming quality. If you think why to choose a premium Spotify account, then check out the reason behind it.
- You can listen to your favorite music without any interruption like an advertisement.
- You can download music and listen to it from anywhere.
- Can be able to play any kind of songs on your smart device.
Sign up with the Facebook account
If you are a premium member, then you can just log in to your Facebook account to get Spotify on Roku
- Select Spotify from the list of music resources.
- Then, hit on the Login option to open the Spotify application web view.
- Select Log in to Spotify. There you will see Login with Facebook option.
- Click on the Login option and connect to your Spotify account.
Method 4 – Spotify on Roku without Premium
There are many ways to stream Spotify on Roku without a premium to people who are not able to pay the premium amount. Preferably, Spotify is free but sometimes, you have to pay a premium amount to stream Spotify on Roku.
How to access the Spotify on Roku without Premium?
You can access the Spotify on Roku without Premium account by owning an Android device.
- Play some of the good game channels that are already on Roku.
- If Spotify on Roku is endorsed for your region, then you can find Spotify in the music category of Channel store
- Add Channel directly by search conversely.
- However, you can use the 30 days free trial service of Spotify but for Streaming Spotify on Roku, you might require to open a premium account.
So, these are some of the methods to get Spotify on Roku. It is a great application to stream your favorite music for free. You can access all kinds of music content with the Spotify application. The only thing is that your device should have the latest version of Roku. I hope this article was helpful for you to add Spotify on your Roku device. If you are a Spotify user, then feel free to share your Spotify experience with us! Thank you!